Wednesday, April 27, 2011

This Is Why It's...

Snapping pictures daily, and this is the best I feel I've come up with.  Further down you'll find pictures that do David justice: these are just a vain, amateur attempt to record his face for posterity.  (I'm saving pictures of him getting a bath until his Prom Night.)

Amazingly, by the time most people will read this, we'll be a month in.  He's certainly grown and we could not be happier with his continued health.  David's been well enough that he's not even getting the tiny things that can bug: no real cradle cap, great eczema-free skin, no spitting-up/reflux. 

Of course, I'm still greedy.  He's prone to staying up until at least midnight before really settling down for sleep and often needs a warm chest to lay on to settle down.  Really, it's not the worst punishment.

Now, I'm just looking forward to the first real smiles.  They should happen within the next month, but knowing me (and how much I've been looking forward to them), I'll be nervous if I don't see if by mid-May...











Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Felicidades! He's such a cutie! And he had a great name! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I wanted a good, traditional name that translated well between English and Spanish and we love it. Truth be told, it was on our short list for a while, but we didn't decide on it until the day before my wife went into labor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful boy! Congratulations again!

    Those nights of sleeping with a tiny warm miracle on my chest are some of my clearest and most precious from the first few months. :)

    ReplyDelete